Thursday, August 26, 2010

We're moving to Boston!

Sorry for the slacker-ness in both posting and keeping people informed. This was all very hush-hush until a couple of days ago. My DH has accepted a new position at a company outside of Boston, which starts September 13. So now we're moving. To Boston. In two weeks.

The last couple of days have been a whirlwind, and I have no doubt it will be a while before the dust settles. His company is moving our stuff, and putting us up in temporary housing (read: Marriott-with-kitchen) for 60 days. But we still have to drive our car and cats cross-country, taking with us everything we might need in the next two months. And God knows what kind of crappy-ass Marriott pans I'll have to cook on for two months. It's still not certain whether we'll even get a room with an oven. How can I survive that long without an oven???

Also, we'll both have to build our winter wardrobes from scratch. So there's that.

ALSO, his company is moving to Providence, RI soon. So not only will we be living in temporary housing for a while, in the outer 'burbs of Boston, then we get to move (again) to wherever they settle in Rhode Island.

AND there's the custody issue with his son. As yet unresolved.

So, anyone who has any experience with living in Boston/Rhode Island/New England in general should write me immediately and tell me what to expect. (Other than the cold. I already know I'm going to want to kill myself by January.)

My current company has offices in Boston, but no open positions at the moment. So I guess I'll start temping right away, and see what happens. It's a great opportunity for my hubby, and I have no doubts that this will be good for both of us, Rhode Island notwithstanding.

Still. I'm freaking out a little bit right now.

No comments: