Sunday, October 4, 2009

Zombies and lardo

I'm down to one of two final candidates for the dream position; just in time for John's birthday, on Friday. We celebrated at The Linkery, which makes its own sausage and blends its own red cask wine, which, YUM. The clear winner of the evening was the lardo ice cream sandwich--ice cream made from cured lardo, between two big chocolate chip cookies, with candied bacon on top. Now I have to learn how to make lardo ice cream. We finished the evening partying with the young college kids in the Gaslamp district. These kids today, I tell ya. Not one of them can actually dance. (Not that I can.)

Yesterday was spent recovering from a Friday-induced hangover and grocery shopping. It's sad, but one of the highlights of moving was the realization that I could once again shop at Sam's. I can't even begin to tell you how cheap avocados are here, in bulk. I've also learned the joys of the San Diego library system--all the books I wanted in New York, but available faster! We ended the day with John's co-workers at Zombieland. This really actually is a totally awesome movie. I was skeptical at first, but when one of my all-time idols made a cameo appearance, I was won over.

No comments: