Wednesday, September 23, 2009

We have movement on the job front!

...Finally! I'm starting to interview at various places, and I have my fingers crossed for one in particular. It would be perfect for me, but I'm not saying any more, lest I jinx it. Hopefully I will be gainfully employed within the next couple of weeks.

And home life has moved very nicely into the "Domestic Bliss" phase. The first couple of weeks were a little rocky--not because of domestic relations, but simply because it took longer for me to recover from the move than I thought it would. Driving 25,000 miles in four months left me with a gimpy knee and chronic joint stiffness. I'm just now able to wake up in the mornings and not feel like I've been run over by a truck. The move itself smeared itself across my psyche; now I have recurring anxiety dreams about packing, and moving, and needing to get somewhere but not being able to find my purse, or my car, or whatever it is that I need in that particular dream. So my mornings for about two weeks were all about dealing with residual physical and mental sludge. It's not a good way to start a day, trust me.

But now that everything's unpacked, and the apartment is officially a home, John and I can spend a Sunday curled up on the sofa in our pajamas giggling at several hours of VH1's "Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 80s" rather than going to Lowe's, or Ikea, or storage, or whatever. The gorgeous and unchanging weather has helped immensely, as has being able to cook again for the first time in four months. I'm starting to write my book, and we have movement on the job front. It's wonderful being able to think about the future in rosy terms again, for the first time in...well, a really long time.

That being said, we watched "Thelma and Louise" last night and I found myself longing to get back on the road and go back to Utah, where much of it was filmed. Just when you think you've managed to kill the wanderlust for a little while...

No comments: