Saturday, February 14, 2009

Unemployment

Once again, I have been the victim of corporate downsizing. I got laid off on Wednesday, and while I'm none too happy to be unemployed, I do like not working. I understand my former workplace is chaos right now, so I'm sure it's best I don't work there any more. I circled the financial wagons and immediately got some interviews with placement agencies, so I'm back out there and looking. Though I wonder if this isn't a sign from God to go ahead and tell the corporate world to suck it as I've always wanted to do, and take this opportunity to become a professional bartender/writer/underground restauranteur.

Next Saturday's shindig is shaping up to be quite the reunion. I was already looking forward to seeing two of my oldest and dearest, and now it looks like more may make the trek. Well, the more the merrier, I always say, but in the interest of being unemployed I had to rejigger the menu a bit. After foraging in the pantry to see what I already had (obviously I want to buy as little as possible), this is what I came up with:

Same pork shoulder, but with BBQ sauce
Bourbon baked beans
Cajun smothered corn
Garlic bread
Homemade ice cream for dessert
Homemade pate and bread to start

It's lovely to have this to look forward to. And now I have extra time to clean. ;-) I have also, somehow, managed to meet someone. It's the craziest thing--I met him on Monday, and in five days we've have four dates and connected on a staggering variety of levels. When I got laid off on Wednesday, he took me out and helped me drown my sorrows--then we made out in front of my door for forty-five minutes like teenagers. I haven't done that in years. *Giggle, blush*

1 comment:

KB said...

Is there news on this?? How very interesting!!