Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Friends

Christmas in Mississippi was largely uneventful, and was followed by a quick return home to check on my cats, with a flight out to Virginia the next day. This week will be spent with my family and friends there. Sunday my brother and sister and I took a family photo for my parents' Christmas present and had our (late) Christmas dinner. Monday I met Peg and Pockets, and will be spending the next few days with Peg, up through New Year's. Then I'll get to spend some time with the extended family at a ski resort.

Notable events so far: Received a Cuisinart ice cream maker for Christmas. Had hoppin' john for Christmas dinner. Made tuna carpaccio with white cherries for Peg and Pockets last night, and followed it with two lovely bottles of pinot noir (Argyle and La Crema, respectively). Got in some quality time in Peg's hot tub. We're attempting to make plans for next New Year's, which will obviously have to be a big blowout event (it'll be 2010, after all). So far we've decided it should be somewhere warm, with the hot tub as backup plan. Perhaps we can convince Pockets to get a bigger house before then...

No comments: