Monday, July 11, 2011

I got a haircut!

Yesterday, I chopped six inches off my hair and I totally love it.

I also learned something important about my hair: any longer than shoulder-length, and it gets so heavy that it pulls all the curl right out. Its previous length (middle of my back) had just enough wave to make it unruly, but was otherwise bone-straight. I was tired of it, and bored, and wanted something different, and so went into the hair salon where they gave me two suggestions: chop it to shoulder length and let it do what it wants, or go with a straight-hair-with-heavy-bangs thing.

I opted for shoulder-length, and I'm so glad I did. Immediately my head felt 10 pounds lighter, and today all the natural curl has returned: a beautiful loose beach-wave curl that is exactly as low-maintenance as I wanted it to be.

Vacation, here I come!

No comments: